What questions should I ask when hiring a Doula?
Finding the right doula for you can be an exciting time as you get to learn more about doula support and seek out the perfect doula for you. Below is a list of questions just for you, to help you find the right doula for your needs:
1. Tell me (us) about your training and experience with birth / postpartum, personally and as a doula.
2. What is your philosophy about childbirth and supporting women and their partners through labour? What is your philosophy about parenting and supporting women and their families during the postpartum period?
3. What role will you play in supporting me (us)?
4. May we call or email you with questions before and after the birth?
5. How many prenatal and postpartum visits do you offer?
6. When will you join me (us) during labour? Will you come to our home or meet us at the hospital?
7. When will you meet with me (us) to review the birth and to answer any questions?
8. Do you work with one or more backup doulas (for when you are not available)? Can we meet them?
9. When do your services begin postpartum?
10. What is your experience in breastfeeding support?
11. Do you have current CPR and Food Safe certifications?
12. What different types of services do you offer?
13. Is there anything else you would like to tell me about your services?
14. What is your fee?
15. What is your refund policy?